Online Demo: Southwind Example Application
Southwind is a simple example application based in Northwind database from Microsoft.
The aim is to provide developers with an a simple initial codebase that has examples of code patterns using a familiar data model.
While the application is fully functional, it has not been designed for real usage and the example data (and images!) are quite old.
What to do?
- The initial page shows a rudimentary pubic catalog, it is fully cached in memory. It also uses instance localization allowing you to change the name and description of your products.
- There's a combo in the top to change the language, is very easy to do multi language applications using Signum Framework.
- Another combo let you change the visual theme. Signum Framework uses Bootstrap CSS Framework for web layout.
- In order to do something interesting, you'll need to log-in with any of the user in the table. The Login page and reset password functionality is already provided by the Auth module.
- Two menus (Southwind and Admin) show you the most important entities, but power users prefer to use the Omnibox in the left. Try writing "help" to find the available commands.
- Write "Orders" in the Omnibox, then press Enter. This is the SearchControl. Is really powerful, you can learn more about it here
- Open an Order pressing "View", this is the typical page or an entity. On the top there are buttons, those are the entity operations.
- If you write something incorrect, like removing the customer and then press Save, you'll see validation taking effect.
- Search another customer using the magnifier button, this will open a modal Search Control. Even better, just write in the customer field and you'll have auto-completion.
- If you add new products, or change the quantity, the sub-total price and total price are updated using client side behavior written in TypeScript.
- Write "Chart Orders" in the Omnibox, this is the charting module. Another video here.
- You can customize also try to create a dashboard in the main page following this video
Do you want an application like this?